Because of their larger size and greater speed, trucks tend to cause devastating accident injuries. Whether the truck driver was not properly trained, was operating the vehicle while fatigued, or was driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, he or she must be held fully responsible.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a fatal truck accident, you need a firm with knowledge and experience holding trucking companies accountable. While a lawsuit will not erase your injuries or bring your loved one back, getting the compensation that you deserve for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, disability or death will make this stressful ordeal easier on you and your family, or the loved ones left behind. Call to speak with our lawyers at Weber, Carrier, Boiczyk & Chace, LLP, for a free consultation at 860-225-9463. There is never a fee paid to us unless we settle or win the case for you!
Determining Truck Driver Negligence Leading To Big Rig Accidents Is Complex
Although all truck drivers must obtain a commercial driver’s license in order to operate a big rig, some disregard safety practices when driving across country. When you hire our firm to address your truck accident injuries, we look to the following types of hazards to determine negligence:
- Total weight: The total weight of a tractor-trailer is approximately 20 to 30 times greater than that of a passenger vehicle. Trucks are also taller and have greater ground clearance, making it possible for small cars to drive underneath the truck.
- Large loads: Big rigs can carry large loads, which slow their braking time by 20 to 40 percent. Driving in bad weather conditions, on slippery roads or with damaged brakes can decrease the stop time even further.
- Driver fatigue: According to federal regulations, truck drivers are permitted to drive for 11 consecutive hours, after 10 consecutive hours off duty. Driver fatigue has been linked to many accidents, as truck drivers strive to meet deadlines and make more money.
- Alcohol and drug use: Alcohol use and driving has also been a factor in semi-truck accidents.
- Poorly maintained equipment: Defective equipment, including steering and braking equipment, can lead to accidents.
- Driving in bad weather: High winds can lead to problems for large trucks, especially if they are pulling multiple trailers. The connection points between trailers can become unstable, causing the truck to overturn or jackknife.
Many trucking companies will have their attorneys and insurance adjusters on-site minutes after an accident. You need the same level of tenacity and professionalism on your side.
Call Today For The Best Legal Representation
If you become involved in an accident with a large truck, it is imperative that you contact a reputable personal injury attorney. Weber, Carrier, Boiczyk & Chace, LLP, can help you obtain maximum compensation for all your injuries and losses. Email us or call us at 860-225-9463 to schedule a free consultation.
Expert, Experienced, and Friendly Attorneys
"If you’re looking for a law practice that offers a team of expert, experienced, and friendly attorneys, then Weber, Carrier, Boiczyk & Chace is your first phone call. Their approach will quickly make you feel welcome into their family and assured that you have found the very best legal counsel dedicated to your needs. I should know-I am a very satisfied client of three attorneys in this practice, each offering expertise in their particular specialty. Call them now and tell them Marina sent you. You’ll never need to look for another practice. Promise!"
Seven-Figure Settlement Recovered
“When I had a motorcycle accident resulting in a catastrophic injury, I did not call the names on the buses or billboards…or the attorney who claims that he can do a better job for me because he “rides”. When you are seriously hurt, you need the best doctor and the best lawyer. Attorney Weber investigated my case and took an aggressive approach from day one. In less than a year after my tragedy, he held the negligent driver accountable and recovered a seven-figure settlement for me.”
Substantial Verdict Awarded
“I was injured at a large hospital. The insurance company said it was my own fault and never offered to settle my claim. The presiding Judge suggested that we withdraw the case. Attorney Weber did an excellent job and the jury held the hospital accountable for its negligence and responsible for my injury. The jury awarded me a substantial verdict.”
“I had a rear end collision and did not realize that I was hurt that day. The next day my low back began to hurt me. Even after months of chiropractic care, my low back never fully recovered. The insurance company did not believe that I was injured because the damage to my car was minor. It made a very low offer that was not even enough to cover my expenses and medical bills. Attorney Weber convinced the jury that I had suffered a real injury and that it was permanent in nature. The jury awarded me almost 20 times more than the insurance companies’ final offer”
New Britain, CT 06052
Old Saybrook, CT 06475