Did You Slip Somewhere That Should Have Been Safe?
A fall can have devastating consequences. One moment you are shopping at the grocery store or strolling down the sidewalk, and the next you are on the ground and in pain. Falls can happen in an instant, but the road to recovery is often long and arduous.
Property owners have a responsibility to keep their property safe and prevent falls before they happen. If they do not, they may be liable for your injuries. At Weber, Carrier, Boiczyk & Chace, LLP, we have decades of experience with slip-and-fall cases, both near Hartford and throughout Connecticut. Our lawyers have secured hundreds of settlements for our clients. We can do the same for you.
Common Slip And Fall Injuries
Serious injuries can occur when a person falls on a slippery or uneven surface. Our clients have experienced:
- Soft tissue damage, such as torn ligaments and severe sprains
- Lacerations, abrasions and severe bruising
- Head injuries, from concussions to traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries and nerve damage
- Organ damage and internal bleeding
- Broken bones
Many of these injuries can cause lasting medical issues if not treated properly at the outset. We will work with you to ensure that you have adequate medical care.
What Causes Slip And Falls?
Many unsafe conditions can lead to a slip and fall injury. Some of the situations that our attorneys see frequently include:
- Wet floors without adequate warning signage
- Construction sites that allow unrestricted access to dangerous areas
- Uneven walking surfaces, such as cracked concrete
- Debris-covered floors, such as spilled merchandise or produce at a store
Property owners have a responsibility to address dangerous walking conditions as soon as they become aware of them. If they do not, they can be held liable for the injuries that you suffer as a result.
The Legal Support You Need After A Fall
After a slip and fall injury, your focus needs to be on recovery, not navigating the finer points of insurance settlements. Our attorneys will take up your cause and advocate for the maximum compensation for which you are eligible. As long as you give all the information you have, we will do the rest.
For a free consultation with our legal team, you can reach out to us through our online contact form or by phone: [nap_phone id=”LOCAL-REGULAR-NUMBER-Local”].